What's New |
The current education system is doomed to failure!
The current system measures one person against another. This produces both successes and failures. The group which scores in the lower quartile has their self esteem damaged by the (unfair) comparison. In fact, we are trying to teach something for which this group is not ready or we are forcing a failure in order to make the curve come out as expected!
Please see the article "The vital role of self-esteem" in business week for 02/02/98 p. 26.
New system is pass/fail for all course work. Then test to determine interest, skills and knowledge in subject areas to determine where the individual should best spend their time to achieve their full potential. Not everyone wants or needs to be a doctor of philosophy. Some people would be much happier stocking the shelves in a store.
The goal should be to achieve maximum quality of life for each individual and society as a whole.
Elements of solution:
- Teach children why they want to go to school and succeed
- To make more money!
- If you want them to learn, you need to give them a reason!
- Fund all education from the income tax at the state level
- On a per student basis
- Same funding for each individual state wide
- adjust for median income in school district as required to attract good teachers
- Eliminate home work
- Use computers for all education material
- Computers to guide student's use of the material
- Teach to the test
- Test everything a student needs to know until they know it! /this is not rocket science!
- Teach to the individual student's interest and capabilities
- Issue certificates for work completed
- The teacher is there to help/not teach/computers do that
- Universal Internet Usage
- If you want to compete in the Internet Age/You might want to use the Internet
- Approach providers to offer a tiered charge based on income of family
- Subsidize low income families
- All course work available at home/no books to carry/go at your own pace
- After School programs
- Run by police, firemen, nurses, scientists, managers, business leaders, etc.
- administered by the schools/in the schools
- To combat gangs
- I was in The Electro Rocket Society
- To promote interest in careers
- This would be after school day care for working parents
Please see Khan Academy.
Send mail to webmaster@KwBSolutions.com with
questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2007 - 2011 Knowledge Based Solutions